Belton’s Bacon, Blues & Brews
The City of Belton and H-E-B plus! are partnering once again for Belton’s Bacon, Blues & Brews, a two-day event that features Texas food, music and craft beer.
The festival will take place near the Historic Bell County Courthouse and feature live entertainment, adult beverages, and a bacon cook-off where the winning team takes home a cash prize.
The feature event of the day will be the bacon cook-off where teams compete with bacon inspired dishes using bacon (20 lbs. per team) donated from Belton’s H-E-B plus! The overall first place winner will take home a $2,000 cash prize, and have their recipe promoted through the Belton H-E-B plus! Cooking Connection for two weeks after the event. Trophies will be given for Best Drink, Best Appetizer, and Best Entrée. Prizes for the People’s Choice and Showmanship Award will also be presented.
The cook-off is limited to 25 teams, limit four people per team. The first 25 paid applications will be allowed to participate.
Saturday will also feature:
- 1st Cavalry Jazz Band (11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.)
- Breweries: Bold Republic, Barrows, Bare Arms (11:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.)
- Cook-off for the Best Bacon Inspired Dish (Noon – 6:00 p.m.)
- Jay White & The Blues Commanders (1:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.)
- Texas Flood Band (Stevie Ray Vaughan tribute band) (4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.)